Biotechnology Entrepreneurial Competition is being performed by Non Commercial Partnership "Center of Modern Medical Technology" TEMPO" with the support of BioIndustry Initiative Program of the U.S. State Department (BII) and the U.S. Civilian Research & Development Foundation (CRDF).
To participate in the Competition participants should meet the following criteria:
- Work in TEMPO-member organization
- Work not in TEMPO-member organization, but participate in joint project with TEMPO-member organization
Projects related to biotechnology, medicine, and production of biotechnological and pharmaceutical preparations are accepted to participate in the Competition
Goals of the Competition
- To help NP TEMPO scientists to enhance the level of knowledge in a sphere of scientific developments' commercialization, to acquire practical skills in development and writing of a business plan and skills of communication with potential investors.
- To identify prospective innovation ideas, to assist NP TEMPO-member organizations in searching for investors in Russia and abroad. To attract attention of Russian and foreign investors to a Russian biotechnology sector.
- A Round Table with potential investors and 20 semi-finalists of the Competition will be performed to attract more investors' attention.
- Short description of all registered applications to the Competition will be placed on the website http://www.nptemp.ru/
- Articles about the Competition, participants, and projects will be published in leading Russian scientific and business magazines.
Phases of the Competition
- Education (basic knowledge of business plan development)
- Interactive training “How to Write a Business Plan”, developed by the International Science and Technology Center (ISTC). Instructors from Moscow Academy of National Economy will be involved to the educational process. Training duration: 1 month.
- Educational materials on business plan development specificity in biotech area.
- Attraction of Faculty of Economic and MBA Students to the Researchers' teams for joint development of business plans.
- Round tables (Workshops) in Moscow, Novosibirsk, St. Petersburg
- Round Table # 1 – Presentation of the Competition and its organizers. Educational session.
- Round Table # 2 – “Team Building” - Matching Researchers and Faculty of Economic and MBA Students. Educational Session.
- Round Table # 3 – Meeting with potential investors. Presentations of semi-finalists' projects.
Novosibirsk, St. Petersburg
- Round Table - Presentation of the Competition and its organizers. Educational session.
- Forming of independent Corporative Commission for evaluation of Executive Summaries and Business Plans in the frames of the Competition.
- Winners will receive money prizes, the Prize Fund is $ 50 000.
- 20 Semi-finalists will be invited to the meeting with potential investors from Russia and abroad (3rd Moscow Round Table) where the semifinalists will be invited to make short presentations of their projects.
- August 25, 2005 (Thursday) – Competition Announcement
- September 22, 2005 (Thursday) – Deadline for Executive Summaries Submission
- October 5, 2005 (Wednesday) – Roundtable in St. Petersburg
- October 10, 2005 (Monday) - Roundtable in Moscow
- October 12, 2005 (Wednesday) – Roundtable in Novosibirsk
- October 30, 2005 (Sunday) – Deadline for Executive Summaries Submission
- November 15, 2005 (Tuesday) – Start of the ISTC Interactive Educational Program
- November 16 - 30, 2005 – Time for Modifying of the Executive Summaries (if needed)
- November 22 – December 6, 2005 – Evaluation of Executive Summaries
- December 14 / 15, 2005 (Wednesday / Thursday) – 2nd Moscow Roundtable (Matching Coaches with Applicants)
- February 15, 2006 (Wednesday) – 3rd Moscow Roundtable (Meeting with Potential Investors)
- March 1, 2006 (Wednesday) – Deadline for Business Plans Submission
- March 1 - 31, 2006 – Judging of Business Plans
- April 5, 2006 (Wednesday) – Awarding Ceremony